Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011




















THis was such a great weekend!!!  Sam, Nate, Brandy and Mark came home very late on Thursday night. It was so fun to have them home.  Sam"s mission call came on Friday!!  I went downstairs after the mail came and told her mail delivery for Sister Samantha Bullinger, and she was so excited!  She was jumping up and down and hugging me and screaming.  It was so cute!!  We waited until about 11:00 am to open the envelope until Charlene could be home to talk to us on the web cam. I went and got Darrell from the tractor and he and Jacob came home, Nancy and Eric came over and we called Mandy, Aunt Charlotte and Grandma Blanche (my grandmother who lives in Mississippi) on our cell phones. It was such an exciting moment!!!  She opened the envelope and began to read  " Sister Samantha Elaine Bullinger, you are called to the Boston Massachusetts mission  Spanish speaking."  The tears started to flow.  She will report to the MTC on June 8th.  So soon!  We have alot to do to get her ready to go.  So many things went through my mind.  My little girl is going on a mission Oh I know she is not a little girl anymore, she is 21 years old and very grown up.  She will always be my little Samantha, I am very proud of her!  She helps me want to be a better person.  She is such a good example for me as all my children are.  I am excited for her to have this wonderful spiritual experience I know it will change her life forever.   After lunch we went to Cody to do some shopping.  We went to Walmart first to get some Easter goodies and then Bethany, Brandy and I went to two of our favorite places in Cody, Maurices and Sticks and Stones.  Then we made stops at Walgreens and Albertsons.  We picked up pizza for dinner and headed home.  Sam and Nate dropped the rest of us off at the church to help clean the building and they took the groceries home to unload them.  After we got done at the church we went home.  The next day Brandy and i do one of my P90X dvds and she and Mark went golfing in Worland.  I spent the day making rolls for Easter dinner.  The next day we all went to church and came home and we went to Nancy's for lunch.  It was such a great weekend.  I talked to Charlene on Sunday night and I sounds like our little Ian is wanting to come out and  make an appearance soon.  She has been having some contractions and is dialated a little already.  I just pray that everything goes well and he is born strong and healthy without any complications for him or his mom.  I know Heavenly Father will watch out for them and take care of them.  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't pray for my children and know that Heavenly Father is watching over them.  I am so thankful for my family and the good examples they are for me.  I love them all very much and I am so proud of all of them.  

2 comments:

The Asay's said...

Mom, this is such a sweet little post. I love it. Miss you all. Can't wait to see you soon.

SamBullinger said...

you forgot easter baskets! love those -)